Aldebaran Recruiting Team in NYC For AdWeek – The Power Of Networking
Two members of our San Diego recruiting team have been spending the week in New York City for AdWeek. Brandi Wheeler and Jackie Kellam have been enjoying the networking opportunities, conferences, talks, and meeting with many of our amazing clients.
Networking is critical in any industry and events like AdWeek provide not only great opportunities to mingle and meet new people, but the educational aspect is a huge factor when we are deciding when and where to send our people. A multi-day event is always a much better investment as well.
- Always have plenty of business cards, and make sure they are up to date and high quality. Get as many cards in return as you can, follow up with everyone either via email or on LinkedIn, or both.
- Don’t be a wallflower! Don’t be bashful about jumping into conversations that are already happening. Make eye contact, have a solid handshake. Have something quick and catchy to say about you and your business. Some thing like, “We are the most effective marketing recruiters in the country.”
- Dress sharp. Your appearance is critical in face to face meetings and you get one chance to make a first impression.
- Get to know people. Don’t use your conversation to only try and sell your product or service. Focus instead on building a rapport and relationship. People like doing business with people that they like.
- Have fun! Networking is a chance to meet people and build relationships, do it as much as you can!
Keywords: executive recruiting, recruiting, advertising, marketing, media, sales, pr, public relations, business, financial, hiring, ad agency, san diego, miami, atlanta, new york, los angeles, chicago, san francisco, long beach, lance winsaft, lily winsaft, Aldebaran Recruiting, corporate politics, customers, client, digital marketing, negotiation, small business, salary, candidates, cpa, millennials, generation z, interviews, coaching, job description
"Lily and the team at Aldebaran have placed me in my last two positions. During our sessions, I mentioned to Lily how much I liked Atlanta and my desire to find a position that matched my skill set and career goals. Lily made sure of this, and also understood my need for a good cultural fit."
"Not only did Lily accomplish these things, she keeps in touch on a consistent basis, just checking in to see how things are going. That's a lot more than I can say of many executive recruiting firms. I highly recommend Aldebaran Associates to anyone looking for that next career move, or any company seeking new talent."
J.D., Account Director Top 5 Interactive Advertising Agency in the SE
“Aldebaran is an amazing recruiting firm whose enthusiasm shines through in
every detail of the recruiting process. It was a pleasure working with
them and it is clear they know what they are doing and love doing
it. They helped me find a role in a career that is perfect for me and I
will recommend Aldebaran and Associates to all of my friends.”
E.M., Director of Accounts