Aldebaran Recruiting Team in NYC For AdWeek – The Power Of Networking
Two members of our San Diego recruiting team have been spending the week in New York City for AdWeek. Brandi Wheeler and Jackie Kellam have been enjoying the networking opportunities, conferences, talks, and meeting with many of our amazing clients.
Networking is critical in any industry and events like AdWeek provide not only great opportunities to mingle and meet new people, but the educational aspect is a huge factor when we are deciding when and where to send our people. A multi-day event is always a much better investment as well.
- Always have plenty of business cards, and make sure they are up to date and high quality. Get as many cards in return as you can, follow up with everyone either via email or on LinkedIn, or both.
- Don’t be a wallflower! Don’t be bashful about jumping into conversations that are already happening. Make eye contact, have a solid handshake. Have something quick and catchy to say about you and your business. Some thing like, “We are the most effective marketing recruiters in the country.”
- Dress sharp. Your appearance is critical in face to face meetings and you get one chance to make a first impression.
- Get to know people. Don’t use your conversation to only try and sell your product or service. Focus instead on building a rapport and relationship. People like doing business with people that they like.
- Have fun! Networking is a chance to meet people and build relationships, do it as much as you can!
Keywords: executive recruiting, recruiting, advertising, marketing, media, sales, pr, public relations, business, financial, hiring, ad agency, san diego, miami, atlanta, new york, los angeles, chicago, san francisco, long beach, lance winsaft, lily winsaft, Aldebaran Recruiting, corporate politics, customers, client, digital marketing, negotiation, small business, salary, candidates, cpa, millennials, generation z, interviews, coaching, job description
"In my career I have worked with several recruiting business partners yielding results that varied from good to average. Aldebaran Associates International is in a class by itself. They have consistently exceeded my expectations over the last six years. Their services are distinctly characterized by professionalism, innovative business solutions and commitment to quality. Aldebaran Associates’s ability to anticipate my needs, provide customized recruitment strategies and service my account with detail and attention, makes them an invaluable ally in the business community."
M.L.H., PHR – Director of Human Resources Multimillion Dollar International Wholesale Trade Organization
We have been working with Aldebaran Associates for several years and their service has always been excellent. Their understanding of the business needs and culture of the organization enables them to provide us with highly qualified candidates. Every member of their team is professional and courteous. We would highly recommend Aldebaran Associates."
S.P., Senior Vice President Global Sales & Marketing – Oil & Energy Industry – Houston, TX